Friday, January 29, 2010

The Caretaker's Breakfast


The Caretaker's Breakfast
22 x 28
oil
$2000
This is one of two paintings going down to the Sears Dixie Invitational in St. George, UT.  I used my Dad as a model and "inspiration" for this painting.  I don't think I've ever really used that phrase before, but in this case, it really is more or less a portrait of him as I think he would have been 100 years ago.  Not only by the fact that he has always been our literal caretaker, but I think if he lived somewhere around 1900, this is something he would be doing - taking his lamp out to start working before the sun came up and then taking a break from his simple breakfast to study his scriptures in a quiet place.  Thanks for all you do, Dad!  Love you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home